Monday, May 28, 2007

I've Been Tagged . . .

So, Faithy's been gently pokin at me for a while to get this "meme" thing done - I'm not sure I even really know what "meme" means yet - me me? Coming up with "8 random facts" about yourself is slightly nerve-wracking - the attempt to strike a satisfactory balance between humor, candor, and brevity, while avoiding self-pity, unnecessary embarrassment, and being downright boring! So here goes . . . .

P.S. these are not in any order - aka #1 is no more exciting than #8 and vice versa


8. I enjoy being in the city (go Brooklyn!) but can't wait to move to somewhere I can see the stars.

7. I love belting showtunes and pop songs a lot more than I actually let on in every day life. (I tend to reserve such occasions for karaoke bars and when I've got the house to myself.)

6. I love the smell of skunk.

5. I want a pet mouse/rat whom I could name Octavia E. after one of my favorite authors.

4. I am becoming more and more girly in my old age.

3. I am marrying my sweetheart this coming October.

2. My two younger sisters took me on a surprise mission to get my ears pierced (for the first time) on my 23rd birthday - I was nervous sitting in the chair, it pinched and hurt a little, and I love them!

1. I am pretty lazy - I need a kick in the butt to make the time for the things that I love (dance, writing, singing, exercise).



Rules:
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts about themselves.
2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their 8 random things and post the rules.
3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and post their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


Whew! So I am breaking the rules because I don't know that many people with blogs! I tag Jesse and John because they are my roomies. Beyond that, I don't know, can I tag through facebook or myspace?

I am pretty internet illiterate - that should be #9!

3 comments:

Jesse said...

I think the only random fact in there that I didn't know was that you love the smell of skunk! Yuk! But you should definitely allow yourself to belt showtunes more often in our presence -- it would be particularly endearing while your cooking!

Faith said...

I didn't know about the skunk smell affection either! How does this happen? I told R-train about the mouse fact, and he insisted I told him about that months ago. Hm.

Lauren Barnett said...

thanks for the comment! it was my first...and only....ha. I have decided to totally abandon the notion of links. ah, well, maybe someday.....